PAX is currently hiring for the position of community coordinator (local representative) in communities nationwide. This independent contractor helps host families and high schools throughout the continental U.S. share their America with exchange students from more than 70 countries by:
- Arranging semester and academic year homestays and high school enrollment for exchange students.
- Generating interest in the local community.
- Holding orientations for both families and students.
- Guiding young, international visitors through personal and cultural adjustment.
- Providing friends and neighbors in their community and the young people they host with positive, life-changing exposure to new cultures.
Ideal candidates will have the following experience, characteristics, and attributes:
- Have parented or worked with teens for three or more years.
- Bring experience from education, sales, or youth counseling.
- Are optimistic, motivated, flexible self-starters.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy a strong network within their community.