A Rewarding Opportunity
Few people have the opportunity to make as profound an impact on the world as PAX local coordinators (local representatives). These independent contractors help host families and high schools throughout the continental U.S. share their America with exchange students from more than 70 countries by:
- Arranging semester and academic year homestays and high school enrollment for exchange students.
- Generating interest in the local community.
- Holding orientations for both families and students.
- Guiding young, international visitors through personal and cultural adjustment.
- Providing friends and neighbors in their community and the young people they host with positive, life-changing exposure to new cultures.
PAX is always improving local support around the country. Completing the local coordinator application is your first step in aligning yourself more closely with your passions for working with young people and exploring new cultures, pursuing your interest in meeting new people in your community, and putting to use your excellent communication skills and experience in education or sales.
Click below to access the local coordinator application in the "Hub," PAX's internal system. (Please note that you will want to select "apply as staff/contractor" as your first step.)